Brake Repairs and Diagnostics
Locally Owned Transmission and Total Car Care Auto Shops
Brakes are perhaps the most important safety feature on your vehicle. When your brakes begin to wear or show signs of trouble, you need to act right away. Better still is performing regular maintenance on your brakes so you can remedy issues before they pose any danger.
Common Signs of Malfunctioning Brakes Include:
- A brake pedal that depresses entirely or almost entirely to the floor.
- Reduced response when you hit the brake.
- A squealing or grinding sound when you brake.
- The illumination of the brake warning light.
If you experience any of these signs, then you need to visit AAMCO Transmissions and Total Car Care. We will diagnose your brake problem with a full brake system check that includes a comprehensive examination of your brake pads and shoes, rotors, hydraulic fluids, drums, lines, hoses, calipers and wheel cylinders, master cylinder,
Brake pad replacement is essential to maintaining a functional brake system. There are two ways to determine whether a car’s brake pads need to be replaced:
- Audibly: Listen closely when you depress your brakes. If you hear a high-pitched screeching sound, then your pads are severely worn and need to be replaced immediately. However, if
yourhear a sound that is like metal scraping against metal, then the problem is probably with the rotors, and you will need to have these serviced as soon as possible to avoid more costly and serious issues.
- Visually: A technician can inspect the thickness of your brake pads. If a brake pad is less than 1/4th of an inch thick, you will need to have it replaced soon. If a pad is less than 1/8th of an inch thick, however, then you will need to replace it immediately, as you run the risk of damaging the rotor.
Always err on the safe side and replace your brakes at the earliest signs of wear. To learn more or to have your brake pads inspected by a professional, visit AAMCO today. After conducting a comprehensive system check, we can repair your brake system and help ensure your car’s safety. Along with a thorough inspection of your car’s braking system, our AAMCO Brake Service includes the following elements:
- Replace pads and shoes.
- Repack wheel bearings.
- Lubricate braking components.
- Adjust the parking brake.
- Replace brake fluid.
- Resurface or replace rotors and drums.
We will also perform a road test to ensure that our service has addressed all issues and your braking system is in ideal condition.